Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
CP4525
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an HP color LaserJet cp4525dn it begins booting, goes thru its 6 self tests, initializes  then once it calibrating, it then gives this error: 

49.2fa7 To continue turn off then on

Turning off then back on returns the same error

Unplugging and rebooting gives the same error 

disconnecting the network cable gives the same error

deleting previous print jobs that are pending gives the same error

doesnt let me cancel anything once the error message appears

any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I want to make sure we read your post correctly.  Do you disconnect the network cable with the power off and leave it disconnected and turn on the printer and does the error show with the cable not connected before and during the powering up of the printer.  If the printer comes to ready, then there is still something on the network trying to print.  If the error appears, then the only suggestion I can give it to do a NVRAM reset with just power connected to the printer.  See the attached for instructions.

HP Recommended

Today I got the same error. Resetting the NVRAM did not help, the printer still showed a 49.2FA7 error after reboot, init and calibration.

Directly before the error occurred the printer was printing without the black cartridge, just using C, M and Y toner.

Removing and re-inserting the toner cartridges resolved both issues (missing B in the printouts and 49.2FA7 after calibration).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.