cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kristanritchie Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 4100 series - scan to my computer error

I currently have my deskjet 4100 series connected to my computer that has XP at the operating system.

I try to scan documents and pictures and it gives me this error " An error occured sending the scanned images to ."  -  I have tried to save the picture by chosing the destination area and the drop down errow gives me nothing.

This is very frustrating.  Does anybody have any idea why I cannot select a destination area? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer and the software and it didn't fix itself.  I have updated the drivers and nothing works.  Help!! Please and thanking you in advance.  Everything else works fine with the printer.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
hitechie Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have not been able to get this 4100 series printeer to work,  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
hitechie Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did u get this fixed?  If so, what did u do?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
4,357 4,118 239 420
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello hitechie,

I understand your concerns. What is your exact model number? Click here to find out.  What is your operating system on your computer? Windows or Mac?

How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB?

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the printers software?

In the meantime, try the Print And Scan Doctor. Click on fix scanning when running this utility. (This is only for a Windows computer.)

Also, please try to scan a document from Paint, as a workaround. Follow this HP document here to perform this step.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation