Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@APT1 wrote:

I am wanting to know the same answer to the same Q did you find the answer?

Yes, your WPS oin number is located on a label on your router.  If you can not find it you must access your routers web pages and look it up in the router.

HP Recommended

NO Dean, not it not on the router. The directions specifally say that the pin is on printer or in the literature and it is not. And as for using the instulation wizard? Not working either.

HP Recommended

WPS Information:  Best to connect following the User Guide instructions on Traditional Wireless connection with Router. 

No PIN needed. If your router supports WPS pushbutton method, please watch the following video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoDc9wn3fJs

This video has been updated: https://youtu.be/wFYOX8OcI_0 Learn how to set up a printer on a Wi-Fi protected (WPS) network. For other helpful videos go to hp.com/supportvideos or youtube.com/hpprintersupport. More support options for your printer are available at hp.com/support. This video was ...
HP Recommended
It appears on your printer screen. Right after you click add printer on your laptop the ID will appear for about 10 seconds on the tiny screen of your printer. It took me about 15 mins to discover this after looking through all my literature, my router, & my printer! It isn't anywhere! Don't waste your time!
HP Recommended

I was struggling as well, for the longest time!  I finally looked at my screen on my printer, and that is where is wireless pin was shown, since I was trying to connect.  Its not on the machine, it is displayed on the screen by the machine (printer)

HP Recommended

@victory92

Just checking this is now resolved? Can the post be marked as closed & solved?

Many thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I looked all thru my paperwork and all over the printer finally noticed in the message area a code came up to use for wps pin. I wasn't fast enough but it sent another one. As soon as your computer recognizes your printer check the message and put in the 8 digits

HP Recommended

HP Expert,

I had a career as a software engineer with IBM for 26 years. 

Your answer to this question is condescending.

You did ZERO research in attempting to come up with an answer.

I spent 2 frustrating hours attempting to connect before I found the solution to this problem ... which came not from you but from a probably equally frustrated customer.

Please, in the future, attempt to understand the true nature of the question  ... then find the answer and relay it clearly and completely.

HP Recommended

Thanks Kpatchin for taking the time to post your solution.  You saved me a great deal of frustration!

Inexcusable for this not to be properly documented ... ANYWHERE!!!

HP Recommended

HP experts were no help at all. It is the HP process that says use the WPS ON THE PRINTER - all HP had to do was tell us that is appears on the printer screen. Once I followed the suggestion from other users, it was easy to set -up. Sorry, big fail to HP on their replies.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.