Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP JetAdmin - Remote connection problems

HP Recommended
HP JetAdmin
Other

Hi,

I am running HP JetAdmin versjon 10.4.99821 (10.4 SR1).

We have the same setup for two different computers, one running W2008R2 and the other W2012R2. The latter was set up using a backup from the first, so they should be identical.

Both servers are on the same subnet and both have the local firewall set off.

What I want to do is to open the application from another server, by accessing the following link: http://<servername>:8000/wja/wja.application.

My new server are able to reach the old server that is running W2008R2, but when I try the same fron my the old against the new W2012R2 server, it freezes at "Setting up remote channel", until it errors out at "the service could not be contacted, make sure the service is started before running the client".

If I run the same link locally on the server where WJA is installed, it works without any issues.

Port 8000, 4088 and 4089 are all open. There are no firewalls between these two machines either.

Any idea what I am missing?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have also checked the http://<servername>:8000/diagnostics. The new and old server both reports all the same services up and running.

The first remote try after restarting the HPWJA service on my 2012R2 server it gets past the "Setting up remote channel", but it stays on "waiting for service to start" for several minutes. It then passes over to "Establishing secure channel" for 10sec untill it resolves with the same error message as before. And yes, this only happens on the first try after a service restart.

Noone with experience regarding this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Turns out the WJA service was using the secondary nic instead of the primary. Which in turn ruined the remote access

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation