Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It was working fine and then all of a sudden it stopped and gave me the error message in the subject line.  I have tried several times removing it and the color cartridge.   I reviewed the documentation and found nothing to help.  I did notice several others had the same problem but with the color cartridge.  Anybody else had this happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

not refilled but sold by a different company that is supposed to be as good.  What I did notice is that the connection film has a place that was appearing to come off.  They gave me a HP cartridge and it is working fine now.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having a problem with the black ink cartridge. 

Here is a link that may assist you with this problem. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01953073

Try to take the cartridge out, and wipe with lint free cloth and water. 

Do you have another black ink cartridge?

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

I will try that and no I don't have another cartridge as this one is fairly new.

HP Recommended
That didn't work so I am thinking I need to replace the cartridge as it is not HP quality.
HP Recommended

Yes, you will need a genuine HP cartridge, not a re-filled one.

Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

not refilled but sold by a different company that is supposed to be as good.  What I did notice is that the connection film has a place that was appearing to come off.  They gave me a HP cartridge and it is working fine now.

HP Recommended

Great. Glad to hear everything is working for you. If you happen to run into any other problems, feel free to ask.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with an ORIGINAL HP cartridge, I bought from Staples, I though original cartridges were not supposed to give you problems? Might as well start buying refilled ones

HP Recommended

Hello Fabiano00, Welcome to the Forums!

I noticed your post and can see that you are having a problem with your HP ink cartridge. Although I understand the frustration with this issue, there are some troubleshooting steps to try to help correct the issue.

If you haven't tried the steps already, please see the post from Rudy1906 above, which contains the help guide: 'Print Cartridge Problem'.

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you.

If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions, click here:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Officejet 4500:Print cartridge problem: (black) Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.