cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pelle
Level 2
24 18 0 0
Message 51 of 53
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus - How to enable scan to computer?

Hi, same here, just checking the forums from time to time, to look for any new suggestions, when I remeber how easy it could be if the scan to computer function actually worked on my now 3 year old OfficeJet Pro HP 8500A Plus.

Over the years, I must have restarted, reset,uninstalled, re-installed the software more than 10-20 times, but the scan to computer does still not work. 

I'm on an iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) with Yosemite 10.10 OSX system, and connects wireless to the printer, as we are several users of the printer.  The printer connects fine for printing.

I'm able to enbale "Scan to computer" in the settings - but when I try to click on the "Scan to computer" shortcuts, it says they are missing on the computer. The computer is updated with all relevant software.

When I bought the printer I assumed that all this "pro" and "plus" and the HP name meant that it would actully work! The print to computer function worked the first year or so, but then the paper collection did not! Then around two years ago, HP issued an software update, that solved the issue with picking up the paper - curtical for a printer one should think - but then the scan to computer function did stop working.

Do anyone know if this feature work on newer HP printers? Or do work on other brands?

0 Kudos
Danaidh
2 1 0 0
Message 52 of 53
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Josh42 wrote:

Hello,

I am running Windows 7.  My printer says that in order to scan to computer from the device, I need to enable it in the settings on my computer.  Where is that setting?  I couldn't find it in the manual or anywhere.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
doctorme
1 1 0 0
Message 53 of 53
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't have the scanner installed in the HP8500 printer. I don't have a book to help me.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation