Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Has anyone solve this problem?

I know this is a very old Post....

year 2012.... now year 2016...

I am getting same problem....

I power on the printer,

it get standby.... then:

I send to print and it print, no problem..... but, randomly it stop printing...

I send to print, there are not common noises from the printer, the screen simply turn on with a paper jam message...

I follow instructions but, printer never did try to get a paper.... there is not any paper jammed.

I press Ok button, then I receive a There is a printer error or ink system error...

I press ok but same message remain.....

I press the power button and printer says there is not any cartridge inserted, no black, no cyan, no yellow and no magenta..... I pres power button again and it shutdown....

then

I press power button again to turn it on...

then it says I must power off the printer with power button to avoid cause damage to the printer.

and shows me a message it need to aling the head print...

ok prinet are aligned.

The story repeat again, after that... printer is normal, working normal... I can print, copy, scan.... and...

sudenly.......

There is a paper jam.... printer error or ink system error.... no cartridges are inserted.... message about I must power off printer with power button to avoid cause damage to printer.... I must aling printhead....

and working good again........ and suddenly.... the same story repeads.....

around two months with this.

I have tried:

Changing power cord, conecting to another power source, wifi, wired lan, another printhead, another cartridges including non geniune ones and originals... full reset, update firmware, with and without second paper tray...

I dont know what more to do. it is not under warranty.

The same problem the first message of this post none could fix.

And it is not common because Here is the only place I found talking about the same symphtoms

fake paperjam, then printer error or ink system error, then there is not cartridges installed and finnaly it says it was shutdown incorrectly.

I have two printers, same symphoms I use only one, when problem started, I tried the another one and same simphtoms.

HP Recommended

Hi People, I think I has a solution to this problem, at least to me, it appears to be fixed.

All my printers got the same problemas, I have severals printers 8600...

Looking for a solution well I found this:

around one month testing with good results...

I reset the printer, and leave it without personalization like country, time, screen brightness,... I notice the problem was gone.

I always personalize the printer after resetting it... Country, brightness, copy preferences...... and autopower on and autopower off to avoid using the power button and to no think if i leave the printer on at night.... but this time I do not personalize.

Around a week without problem and it was interesting... then I decided to personalize it and the problem appears that same day !!!

I decide to reset it again and leave it without personalization again.

The problem was gone again and it was very interesting.... and good

I did think the personalization could be part of the problem.

After a week, personalize it again, all common personalization, Country, Time, Brightness, Sound Volume, Copy preferences.... but Autopower On and autopower off not personalized...

A week with this and problem was not presented.... that was good.

I decided to finish the personalization adding the autopower on and the autopoiwer off programming, then that same day problem appears..... that was bad and good. 

I desactivate it and activate only the autopower on.... the problem appears....

I desactivate it and activate only the autopower off... the problem does not appears...

now I have two week from this without the problem.

I think the problem is caused when the autopower on programming is activated, at least for my printer.

Then:

If you use the autopower on feature, try desactivating it then power off and power on the printer and test if it work for you.

I have tested it only for two weeks.

Please reply this message if it worked for you.

Because if the problem is not fixed with this, I must remove this reply from the forum.

If the problem is present in your printer with the autopowerOn desactivated, then my fix does not work. If you use the autopowerOn, test it.

The next are my preferences but I think these have nothing to do with the problem, I think the problem is when the autopowerOn is activated, Use your common preferences,but no activate the autopowerOn:

I use:

Country: United States (because in Panama we use Legal page size but is not shown into the copy page size list when Panama is selected as Country)

Brightness: Low

AutopowerOff: 22:30 (Monday to Friday)

Sound Volume: High

CopyPageSize: Legal

Desactivated the ink information recoleccting preference.

That's all, please reply this threat if it work for you, test some days, in my case, when the problem was present, everyday it was shown, now two weeks has passed without the problem.

this is on the HP 8600 Pro (not plus or premium, you can test it)

HP Recommended

This is easily the worst piece of garbage that has every been bought at our company. We have los countless hours chasing ghost paperjams. No real solution is given. The solution to this printers problems does not exist. However, you can easily fix YOUR problem by following the instructions at the end of the movie Office Space and destroying it to bits. Then, at least your company will buy a more usable product and your stress levels for you and all your colleagues will improve. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.