Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP PageWide Pro 477dw

Hello,

I was suggested to do an upgrade on my pagewide pro 477dw, I launched it and a few minutes later the screen turned completely black and side menus were gone (no light anymore).

I let the printer like that for hours and came back the morning after to the same state.

I unplugged the printer and plugged in back but no difference, the screen stays black and the printer is no more accessible through the network.

Any idea how to reset the printer to factory default or any other way to turn it on and have it working again ?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi mictik,

Could you check whether Printer Power is on?

1) If the power button is not lit, press it to turn the product on.

2) If the power button does not seem to work, ensure that the power cable is connected to both the product and the electrical or AC outlet.

3) If the product is still not powering up, check the power source by connecting the power cable to a different electrical or AC outlet.

Pleset try and let me know.

Best Regards,

Bryan

*I am an HP employee.I am speaking for myself and not for HP*
** Please click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it **
***Give Kudos to say "Thanks" by clicking on the thumbs up button under my name***
HP Recommended
Hello Bryan,

The product is powered on. The power button is green.

Kind regards,
Michael
HP Recommended

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in below link? Although it is not specific guide for your printer model, you may use it as a reference.

http://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c01410697

Best Regards,

Bryan

*I am an HP employee.I am speaking for myself and not for HP*
** Please click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it **
***Give Kudos to say "Thanks" by clicking on the thumbs up button under my name***
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.