Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I first tried the wet cloth metbnod and that did not solve the problem.

I then used the warm water bath and it worked very well.

I used a Hair dryer on warm setting to dry it out.

HP Recommended

First I tried 'turning off/turning back on', page allignment, print set up etc etc but to no avail.

Then I came across this forum and tried removing and wiping the printhead, but still no luck

Lastly I immersed the printhead in warm water, and flushed it out with warm water too.

I kept doing this - leaving it to soak then flushing it through and changing the water, until the water ran clear.

It is surprising how much congealed black ink had built up.

It took about 30 mins, then I left it to dry completely.

Hooray! It works!

Was on the verge of throwing it out of the window! Problem solved!! :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Soaked for 15 min and dried with coffee filter. Works great.

HP Recommended
Soaked, dried and worked great. Thanks.
HP Recommended

I was able to take a few minutes and soak the ink cartridge and the printer is working perfectly now! It was so easy and so much better than throwing out!

HP Recommended

Just wanted to say thanks! The solution worked for me, too!

HP Recommended
It will print all colors but not black. I just tried a new cartridge and it would print a little the skip several lines. Now it is not printing any black once again. I have ran the cleaner several times.
HP Recommended

I tried cleaning the printhead , including soaking in an inch of hot water.  No black ink printed. 

I read about someone successfully printed on 4 inch by 6 inch paper.   I tried that and the black ink printed fine.

Tried to print 8 1/2 by 11 and no black ink.

So next I tried Borderless 8.5x11 in.   and the black ink worked. I will continue using that page size.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the tips Daniel!!! We tried it, it worked! Lots of black gunk! I had to buy new cartridges because the test prints ate up all the ink! I really like this printer and it's hardly been used, so I really didn't want to have to buy a new one or a new printhead. GOOD ADVICE!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.