cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lyssieboo14
Level 2
15 13 1 0
Message 1 of 42
Flag Post

HP Solution Center not working

HP Recommended

I am having problems with my HP Solution Center. I keep receiving the message "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete. Please plug in the USB cable or re-run the setup program from the installation CD for a network installation. If this does not complete the installation, or you do not have the CD, access the HP help files by clicking the Start menu."

However, my device is fully installed as I am able to print documents from Word, the Internet, etc. I have tried un-installing and re-installing HP Solution Center several times with no success.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
41 REPLIES 41
Daniel_L
Level 8
1,792 1,787 83 286
Message 2 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello! Could you please provide more information regarding the issue, such as which product you are using? Any additional information such as the OS on your computer will be helpful in resolving your issue. Thanks!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

0 Kudos
MightyO
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem as the other notice. I have Windows 7 on my Dell computer that I got after my brother-in-law passed away. I have also tried and retried to reinstall all to no avail. I have a wireless printer connected to my linksys. It is a C6380 All-In-One. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
LarryLion
2 2 0 1
Message 4 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue as the first person.Capture.JPG

LarryLion
2 2 0 1
Message 5 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The HP product I am using is the HP Photosmart C4599 All-In-One printer, and my OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1.

0 Kudos
SeanS
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 460
Message 6 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Id recommend trying the HP Print & Scan Doctor to see if it is able to resolve the issue. If not post back with any new errors or details and we can try some more advanced steps.

Thanks

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
HPOfficeProL778
1 1 0 1
Message 7 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Every body!!

I have a similar problem with my HP solution center. Printer works with windows. It is connected.

I have windows 7 Ultimate 64

my computer is not recognizing HP Solution center I can not Scan which I am doing with windows scan/fax (hate it)

HP solution center is great if it works! I did use in this computer was working fine for a while.

This is the screen it showing now  YOUR PRINTER IS CURRENTLY PAUSED when I try to print using HP center

when I try to scan it comes a screen with YOU NEED TO INSTALL ADOBE FLASH PLAYER?  I did, it had before but now shows that screen Please help me.

Thank you very much I will be checking in the afternoon for your input.

Regards to all of you

SeanS
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 460
Message 8 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HPOfficeProL778 wrote:

Hello Every body!!

I have a similar problem with my HP solution center. Printer works with windows. It is connected.

I have windows 7 Ultimate 64

my computer is not recognizing HP Solution center I can not Scan which I am doing with windows scan/fax (hate it)

HP solution center is great if it works! I did use in this computer was working fine for a while.

This is the screen it showing now  YOUR PRINTER IS CURRENTLY PAUSED when I try to print using HP center

when I try to scan it comes a screen with YOU NEED TO INSTALL ADOBE FLASH PLAYER?  I did, it had before but now shows that screen Please help me.

Thank you very much I will be checking in the afternoon for your input.

Regards to all of you

Hey there,

Could you let me know what printer you are using?

Thanks!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
thomaspolk
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, this seems to be a common problem!!  Why now?  hp solution center was working yesterday.  I had to reinstall flash in order to view the olympics on NBC.com, then hp solution center would not work.  The error says I do not have the correct flash for Intenet Explorer.  What IE has to do with hp solution center is a puzzle!!!  So I reinstalled flash once more.  Same problem.  Windows says that hp solution center cannot find flash.ocx which is no surprise since flash.ocx is not included in the new version of flash player!!!  At least any place that I can look for it.  So, does anyone know what can be done to resuscitate hp solution center?

0 Kudos
thomaspolk
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem solved for me.  I browse with Firefox and iinstalled Flash through Firefox.  hp Solution Center apparently requires Flash Player to be installed through Internet Explorer.  I did that and Solution center now works.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation