Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i also have the problem

i bought a new HP deskjet 1515, it prints well yes... but when it comes to photocopy and scanning its not clear at all. photocopy is faint, you cant read nothing so is the scanning.

please help...

HP Recommended

Hi @Babintio,

I read your post and see that when you scan and copy it is very faint, but you can print fine. I will certainly do my best to help you. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the " "Accept as Solution" " button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. :generic:

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.
Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation. It can affect scanning and copying.

Are you using Genuine HP Cartridges?
What are the ink levels?

Some color ink may be used when printing black text-or-graphics. Basically when printing from the computer, printing black will use the black and color cartridges to print, when copying it will just use the black cartridge to print. Most likely the black cartridge is not working correctly, or is low.

Try making a copy in color.

Please keep the scanner lid open and then press the copy button.

Check if the scanner bulb glows.

Check if the scanner moves freely across the glass.

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02,

I have tried everything you have proposed i to try but it still doest work.

and yes am using genuine cartridges,

the ink level is still high,

the scanner bulb... yes it grows, and it moves freely.. yes.

actually while scanning there are some-like-imaginary lines that appears.... and when i scan a colourd document it looks like its burnt out. if it's blue in colour it changes to cyan that is pale

HP Recommended

Hi @Babintio,

I would try the following steps to make sure it isn't just a issue with the glass. Just to rule out a hardware issue with the printer.

Clean the glass and the scanner lid with a lint-free cloth and mild glass cleaner. Then dry the areas.

Make a blank copy and if the copy is clean, try copying a document again.

If the issue continues, please Contact HP Support for further assistance. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance. Have a nice day! Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hi i have a problem with my printer. Hp deskjet 1515 ink advantage. It does not print at the bottom border always.what should i do?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.