Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M176
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Support Assistant does not recognize my new printer. Big problem.

I tried everything. I cannot use WifiDirect or Eprint. I tried everything that

the HP-forums have to offer, but I'm stuck.

My laptop is shown in the Assistant but no printer.

How can I fix this issue and the Eprinting service?

I have a modem with 2.4ghz network. Everything is brand new.

I tried disabling the firewall, I tried a hundred things. And it's very frustrating.

AND: I bought a care pack with accidental care damage for my ax011nb Omen Laptop

but I can't find any information about how I can contact, chat or whatever with somebody.

Forum-help is not really what I paid for I guess. Can u explain in full detail to me please?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @Joedaai,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to configure ePrint and Wifi direct. Don't worry, I will be glad to help you. 

Have you installed the full feature software for your printer?

How is the printer connected to your router?

Are you able to print from your computer?

Have you created an ePrint account using the printer code generated on your printer?

Recommend you to refer to the specifications of your printer. Click here. 

Your printer does not have wireless capability for you to use Wire Direct.

For you to be able to ePrint, you would need to enable the Web services on the EWS page of your printer.

Once your printer connected to the router, please click on the setup icon the printer panel. 

Selected network setup and then show IP address. 

Once you have the IP address of the printer. 

Enter the IP address of your printer on any web browser you have on the computer. 

This would open the EWS page of the printer. 

Click on HP Web Services and enable it. 

This would print a code which has to be used to create an ePrint account. 

Please refer to page number 30 in the printer manual for assistance. Click here

For HP Support Assistant not detecting your printer, the printer's full feature software needs to be installed on the computer.

When you open HP Support Assistant, you have an option to add a device. 

Please click on it and if the printer software is installed, it should detect the printer as a new device. 

Please refer to this article for assistance in using HP Support Assistant.

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick response.

I did almost everything you proposed already, before posting my initial question. I too am a bit of a tech geek. Not yet on a professional level though. And I hate networking and datacommunication. Doesn't really matter.

Let me get to the point.

ROUTER is configured with a 2.4GHz Network and a 5GHz that is only used sometimes for my Omen Laptop. So not important.

Printers are only compatible with the 2.4GHz network. The printer is connected to the router via Ethernet-cable.

The problem is it connected to the eprint-service but i couldn't get the code from the page, because it wouldn't print.

Today a collegue of you from the Netherlands (dutch-speaking, like me) took over control of my pc and he couldn't fix it as wel. He tried a lot of things. He worked an hour on different problems and fixed some of them except the ePrint-problem and the fact I couldn't see my printer or add it in the Support Assistant.

After the phone call I realized, why not temporarly connect it via USB to my HP Omen. Haha, the Assistant found the device instantly. All due respect but quite funny he forgot to tell me to try that. 😛

Only worry than was: "what if I disconnect USB-cable, will the printer dissapear from my Support Assistant?"

No it didn't, so now it is connected via Ethernet with my modem.

There is a special Eprint expert that is giving me a call later this week to fix the issue.

For the rest, I'm more than happy with your services. HP rocks!

You guys won't stop until it is fixed, free of charges! Very nice!

He told me

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, trying the suggested steps and providing more information. Is the printer connected to the modem or router? Please connect it only to the router and not the modem.

Are you able to print 

Recommend you to turn the printer off, disconnect the ethernet cable from the router or the printer. 

Uninstall the printer software using the method mentioned below. 

Uninstall the printer from programs and features from the control panel.

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it.

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Update the firmware on the printer using the control panel on the printer. (Will require the printer to be connected to your wireless network.)

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer. 

Connect the printer to the router and turn the printer On only when the setup prompts you to connect the router. 

Once the printer is configured with Ethernet, you can follow the method suggested to enable the web services suggested earlier using the IP address of the printer. 

If the claim code does not print, please disable web services, restart the printer and enable web services. Refer to Step 3 in this HP Article for assistance in printing the code. 

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.