cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
davinaba
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP8610 won't print from computer

HP Recommended
HP8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have just bought an HP8610 printer and followed the setup instructions. It prints from my wireless devices but won't print from the computer. I have set it up to print from the computer using USB connection and it says it is connected. Please help - desperately need to get it working. Many thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,185 26,062 1,440 1,509
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@davinaba

Welcome to the HP Forums.I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. As I understand there is printer connection issue through USB,

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Set the default printer and unpause printing.
  • Reset the printer and check the connection status
  • Reinstall the printer using HP Printer Assistant.

Click here for the document which you can refer.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Ashokkan
Level 5
Level 5
260 260 12 24
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Davinaba,

For wireless printing, it is required that we do the hardware first installation.   Now, let me give you 2 scenarios.

1)  Printer is already installed .   In that case we need to find the  IP address of the printer.   For this on the printer display , you have to go to the setup option and under that choose network.  Under network , choose wireless setup wizard and follow the instructions.   The printer will detect the network and give you the IP address.

Now, in the computer, go to the printer and devices screen , where you will find the printer icon.  Right click on the printer and choose printer properties and then choose port .   Find out which port the printer is aligned.  In that windows itself you can choose the option of configure printer/ add port ..  choose any of this and put in the ip address of the printer whenever it asks for the printer details.  Also select the port as TCP/IP.  Follow the steps and that will install the printer wirelessly. 

You can also choose the option    Add a printer and follow the onscreen instructions. 

2)  If the printer is not installed,   then after you get the IP address of the printer, you can install the printer.  This can be done either by the cd/usb printer driver that you would have along with the printer OR download the driver from hp.com/support. 

Davinaba, thank you for choosing HP .

Regards, 

Ashok

Ashok ... HP..always working
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation