Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8620
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

This is the second HP Printer that suddenly starts to need to be shut down and turned back on for every print job. Very frustrating and time consuming. Any suggestions? other than ditching HP printers all together.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @dormir,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printer issue.

I understand that you are using an HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer with a Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks computer and you have to restart the printer every time you need to print something. I would like to help with that.

I would start by checking the printer's firmware.

You may be able to check the printer's current firmware version on the control panel through the printer's Help '?' menu. If there is a 'Printer Information' option in the Help menu it should have the current firmware (FW) listed.

If the Help Menu does not have 'Printer Information' you can find out the firmware version by printing a Printer Status Report.

1. From the Control panel, select Setup, select Reports, then select Printer Status Report.

2. The Printer Status Report will be printed.

3. The current firmware revision will appear on the printed Printer Status Report.

The most recent firmware version is R1547A. If the firmware version listed precedes the most recent version, the firmware needs to be updated. You can go to the firmware download page by clicking this link - HP Officejet Pro 8620/8625 e-All-in-One Printer Firmware Update. If you scroll down the page and click the "+" across from 'Firmware' you will see the blue 'Download' button.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.