Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (849 Views)

How to: Printing grayscale?

HP ENVY 4500

Windows 7

Primary Browser: Google Chrome

Whenever I print it is always in color, regardless of my attempts to make it grayscale.  In google chrome I have attempted to print web pages in black and white, but they still come out in color.  The same thing happens when I attempt to print on Internet Explorer. I have also attempted to print out PDF files.  Those come out in color as well.  Even in MS Paint I can't print a simple doodle in grayscale.  There isnt a print option for grayscale/color.

I have attempted to change my printer properties through my computer devices and printers, but i cant seem to find a way to select grayscale as a default.  Simple color options are not present other than Color management which doesnt contain an easy switch from color to grayscale (unless i didnt see it).  

Is there an easy way to ensure that my printer only prints in grayscale, and allows me to easily switch it back to color when i need to? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 3 (838 Views)

Re: How to: Printing grayscale?

Hello Toastywombat,

Sorry to hear about your printing issues.

To print a document in grayscale

1. From your software, select Print .

2. Make sure your printer is selected.

3. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box.

Depending on your software application, thisbutton might be called Properties , Options , Printer Setup , Printer Properties , Printer , or Preferences .

To view more printing settings, on the Layout or Paper/Quality tab, click the Advanced button to open the Advanced Options dialog box.

• Print in Grayscale : Allows you to print a black and white document using the black ink only. Select Black Ink Only , and then click the OK button.

I am an HP employee.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
Regents Professor
Message 3 of 3 (787 Views)

Re: How to: Printing grayscale?

Hi Toastywombat

Is this issue now resolved?

Thanks

Ciara

I am an HP employee.
I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation