Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

POsted my own topic, totally ignored!!!!!!!

God is it hard to find posts, like this one I'm now in, had to fire up old system to find it, can' in any searches.

Got my new printer, alignment faild on first go, no yellow, then it did align and was fine for a few days.

Then the yellow stopped working a bit, then altogether, rang HP again, must be my printheads, can't do that under warranty so I had to go through where you can pay for out of warranty help, no heads in stock, and if I was going to pay, I may as well of done that at the start weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!.... try this company for replacements, looking online the heads are £40 each, may as well replace both, so that's £80, which is half the cost of a new Canon printer, what to do, I was happy with HP and would of continued if only this leaking printer was replaced and I was away again, but I'm not!

HP Recommended

When my leaking issue was there, that was the only issue, printheads and colours worked fine, get refurbished replacement, suddenlky issue with yellow/black print head, back to HP, nothing they can do, heads are out of warranty, cyan and magenta were fine, got new black and yellow head, all aligned and printed 20 pages fine, then the cyan dropped out, now that is buggered too, and now I'm back to spending £80 for a new pair of heads when I would of just bought a canon with 3 year warranty all round for a bit more, done job, I now dislike HP yet again.

Useless really, now my business is dead in the water yet again, and I've only just took my old leaking HP 3310 printer back home thinking we were all clear, what a wind up. 

HP Recommended

Hi SignLine,

I saw your post and forwarded it to the right people for their review. You should hear back from someone shortly

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

got a message off sylvia asking for my details which I have given her, it says she is a tutor, is that the same as an HP staff member?

HP Recommended

Why is it when I installed this printer and searched the HP website it gave me this

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3752... but now I've done all that it says on auto updating I need to download and use

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=uk&lc=en&softwareitem=mp-76971-1

What's it on about?

HP Recommended

Any plans for an 8600 A3 all in one or anything else similar coming out?

The A3 7500 comes up as rubbish in reviews, and another HP A3 does too.

HP Recommended

Would HP in the UK have refurbished 3310, 1220, and 990 printers as all those I have leak ink too and before I spend another eon on the phone I'd rather know that

A: They have them to replace mine with

B: They will do that as they did with this 8500

Should do as it's still an environmental or health and safety issue that they do leak as it was with the 8500, if the infernal thing ever works again that is.

HP Recommended

I have the 8500 A909 and have black ink leaking in the right corner of the paper tray.  I saw on the thread how to take the tray off to clean all the overflow old ink, but can't find it now.  Does anyone out there know how to do this?  The ink was just replaced and we don't do much printing at the office.  I did buy the extended warr. but I am just out of it I bought it Nov. 2009 and need to try and fix it.  Would appreciate any help.  Thanks

HP Recommended

If it is leaking ink it is a health and safety issue and HP will swap it out for a reconditioned one if you ring them up, mine was years out ofr warranty but as H&S issue they sort it out, out of warranty.

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

I'm in the same situation. My warranty has ended on 18/05/2014 (purchase date: 19/05/2011) and now I've an ink leak.

It's already a refurbished printer (replaced under warranty on the 28/12/2012). I was hoping that the warranty was automatically reconducted until  27/12/2015 by the previous replacement printer.

The leak seems coming from above the print heads. I presume that a pipe coming from caddrige is cracked.

Does someone from HP can confirm if I have any chance to get a free replacement in that case ? Otherwise I will try to repair myself...

Note: I'm from Belgium

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.