Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I had this probnlem I finally called HP support. I was asked to perform a series of tests. 3 days later a courier arrived with a new printer and took the faulty one away. I suggest you contact them too.

I am very impressed with HP support especially as my printer was out of warrenty at the time, and now happy to recommend HP.

HP Recommended
This is amazing! I will follow your advice! Thank you!
HP Recommended
When did this happen?
HP Recommended

how did they cover it when the printer wasn't under warranty?

I had them replace a printer back in August for the same issue,  it started doing it on the replacement model too, and we're past 90 days.  I spoke to a guy and he said I can buy an upgrade, but that's it.  

Not to mention it's pretty much impossible to get in touch with HP representatives directly anyway...

Does anyone know the part that causes this issue?  At this point I'd rather just take the thing apart and replace parts myself, considering it's out of warranty and they'll just be giving me a refurb model anyway.

HP Recommended

My problem is with a LaserJet Pro MFP M225dw that all of a sudden started printing a thin vertical line down the left-hand side of pages.  Only with copies or scanned documents either fed or laid flat.  When printing directly from PC or reports from the device itself, there is no line.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.