Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (5,824 Views)

Laserjet 4345 mfp won't scan to folder; web interface not showing all admin tabs

Hi,

I have a laserjet 4345 mfp which, until a few days ago, was able to scan documents to a network folder. When I try now it gives me the error "the path cannot be found". Here's what I've tried so far:

- Looked for a way to change the network folder settings or define a new folder. I couldn't find any so I printed the "how to scan to folder" page from the control panel. It tells me to define a new location by clicking the "Other" button on the control panel, but I can't find an Other button, on any screen.

- Accessed the web interface, which only shows up  with the "Home" and "Networking" tabs - no "Digital Sending", "Settings", or  "Information" tabs, which should be there according to the manual.

- Thinking it might be a permissions issue, I checked and found that the administrator password was not set. I set the admin password via the web interface, and now when I try to access it prompts for the password I defined, but still gives this incomplete interface. I am also able to access and change all the networking settings, so I don't think insufficient permissions are the issue.

- Called HP support, they said the problem is permissions and I should cold reset the machine, which I am quite reluctant to do since not only all settings, but the entire address book as well, would need to be re-entered. This aside from the fact that I really don't think permissions are the issue, as decribed above.

- Verified that I am able to send scans to different email addresses. SMTP gateway test goes through OK. LDAP does not, but this has not prevented scan to folder from working in the past.

I don't know how the scan-to folder was initially set up because I wasn't supporting this client at the time.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 2 (3,428 Views)

Re: Laserjet 4345 mfp won't scan to folder; web interface not showing all admin tabs

I have a problem with my scan to folder as well and I have to access the folder from a computer before it will work.  I'm not sure why that works, actually.  You might want to give that a try to see if it fixes the problem.  If it does, I imagine it is some sort of security problem with the folder you are trying to scan to.

Thanks,
Tiffany

I am an HP employee!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation