Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
MFP M277DW
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Up unitl yesterday,  I used my scanner as follows.  System preferences Printers and scanners and hit open scanner, and all was well.  Starting today, when I hit open scanner, it says waiting for scanner, and alegedly never finds it.  It never does anyhting else or gives me an error message or anything. 

I have tried un-installing the printer and reinstalling it. I have tried resetting the printer system.  I have shut down and restarted the printer and computer several times, but to no avail.  I have also tried to use the hp driver and the airprint driver and no luck either way.  I believe a software update just came throuh last night which may have had something to do with it 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @BMcCarron,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to scan from your printer and have already tried a lot of troubleshooting steps on your own.

Don't worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Are you able to print?

How is the printer connected to your computer? (USB or wireless.)

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

Copy function of a printer is independent of the software on the computer.

If you are unable to make a copy, please do hard reset (disconnect the power cable of the printer, wait for a minute and connect the power cord directly to a wall outlet and turn the printer ON.)

If the printer still does not make a copy after a hard reset. Please contact our phone support for the service or upgrade options for the printer. 

If you are able to make a copy on the printer and if your printer is setup through wireless. 

Touch the wireless icon on the printer's control panel. 

It would display the IP Address of the printer. 

Open any internet browser on your computer and enter the IP Address of the printer on the address bar of the browser and hit enter. 

This should bring up the EWS page of the printer, try to scan from the EWS page and check. 

This would let us know if the scanning is working fine or not. 

If you are able to scan from the EWS page, please download HP Easy scan from the MAC store and check. Click here

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am coonected through ethernet.  I have never used any other option of scanning but the method I indicated above.  I am having some trouble setting up the scan to email option to even test out the scanner.  Anything you can do to help there?  I use gmail and it keeps telling me that my password is wrong.  Copy and printing are working fine.  Could this be related to my recent software update?

HP Recommended

Hi @BMcCarron,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you are still having scanning issues on your HP LaserJet printer. Don't worry as I have a few other suggestions which should help you to resolve your concern,

Please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP LaserJet Pro MFP - Set up the Scan to E-mail feature

For more details, please view this link.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It seems the scanning function doesnt work at all.  I have tried to use the HP Easy scan program as well, and it recognizes that the scanner is there, but then when I try to scan it just sits there and does nothing.  I really need to fix this as I use it for my business.  What can I do?

HP Recommended

Hi @BMcCarron,

Thanks for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support so that they can remotely take the control of your PC and help you check the settings. Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.