Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My hp officejet pro 8610 won't align....prints too far to the right...even after alighnment.

HP Recommended

Did you try the solution of checking for a wadded up ball of paper?

HP Recommended

We were having issues with Copy. Just found this and checked to the right of the printer head and there was a piece of paper balled up! Thank you!!

HP Recommended

THANK YOU for the posting!   I was able to fix the off center printing on my Officejet Pro 8600!  Paper stuck to the right of the printer head! Your posting is much appreciated!

HP Recommended

The solution for this alignment problem for me was that the paper I had purchased from Staples and had been using for years had been bent a bit on one corner someplace during the mailing process. The printer was apparently not able to recognize the standard size of the paper.

I took the paper out of the paper tray, turned it around 180° so that the slightly bent corner was now at the end of the tray.

The printer now recognized that the paper was correct and started printing with center alignment again.

HP Recommended

I had just had a paper jam and thought I had cleared it completely, but my printing was off center. Your solution was perfect! Thank you!!

HP Recommended

Thank you!!! Thank You!!!!! What a great reply!  I opened the printer door, unfolded the display panel, peered around the edge and into the insides of the printer, and what did I see? A wad of paper just as you had described!!!! My problem solved!! THANK YOU!  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.