Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Will there be a charge?  My printer is no longer under warranty.

HP Recommended

Hi Courtown,

Ink cartridges have their own warranty dates seperate from the printer. If the cartridges are defective, and they are OEM HP within the warranty period stamped on the cartridge then there would be no charge to replace them.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

You had previously suggeseted that I contact HP about the problem of getting the message that the ink cartridge is low after having installed a new one, and yet after clicking on "continue" it will print, causing an extra step to print in black.  This does not happen with the other colors.  My printer (C6180) is no longer under warranty, so my question is:  If I contacted HP about this, would there be a charge?  (This message has happened on the last two black cartridges that I installed, and they are well within the warranty date as stated on the cartridges.)

HP Recommended

Hi Courtown,

Ink cartridges have their own warranty dates seperate from the printer. If the cartridges are defective, and they are OEM HP within the warranty period stamped on the cartridge then there would be no charge to replace them.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I do not believe the issue is defective ink cartridges, so the warranty on the cartridges is not the issue.  If the problem is with the printer itself and therefore you are suggesting that I contact HP, my question is:  Will there be a charge for the call since my printer is out of warranty?

HP Recommended

Hi Courtown,

Service the product

Determine if your product is in warranty or out of warranty. If you need help determining your product’s warranty status, go to HP’s Warranty Check Tool .
  • If your product is in warranty , contact HP.
  • If your product is out of warranty , click here to view additional printer support options starting as low as $20.
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

This happened to me today. I was getting a "?" when I closed the printer door with the new black ink cartridge installed.  I have no idea why this worked to fix the problem, but it did:  I put the old empty cartridge back in. The printer recognized the old cartridge.  When the printer started its process of alignment I opened the door and put the new cartridge in.  Then I hit ok and it proceeded with the alignment process.  I checked the ink level and it said full.  Crazy I know, but it worked for me. 

HP Recommended

I had the same problem, I seem to solved the problem. When you buy a brand new Cartridge there will be a sticker stuck to the Cartridge please remove that and try. I had this error message with sticker stuck - this sticker is blocking the necessary contact interface. Hope that helps

HP Recommended

Hi, I have an Officejet Pro 8500A Plus

I have installed the printer software on my computer and purchased new ink; however, the printer is stuck on the "install cartidges" video and I can't get passed it to use my printer. On the computer it also tells me I have no ink cartridges. I have tried removing it and turning it off various times but nothing seems to work. My printheads are fine, it's just the ink cartridges that aren't being read. 

HP Recommended

Hi analau,

Follow the steps in the document below. Let me know what you find out?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02603397

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.