Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8610

I recently changed routers and I cannot get the printer to connect to it. Feature is locked by the control panel lock and I do not remember what I would have set it to. I need to factory restore the printer so that I can connect to the internet. Also would like to keep my same email for the HP eprint service how would I go about going that as well after I get the printer connected?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Kindly check you INBOX ( click on the ENVELOPE icon on top right ) to access steps that should resolve the issue.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi swimmerbhs,

You may follow this procedure for your printer to be connected to the new router:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/docum...

Hope this can help!

@swimmerbhs wrote:

I recently changed routers and I cannot get the printer to connect to it. Feature is locked by the control panel lock and I do not remember what I would have set it to. I need to factory restore the printer so that I can connect to the internet. Also would like to keep my same email for the HP eprint service how would I go about going that as well after I get the printer connected?

I am an HP employee

If my answer was helpful please click the blue “Kudos" button to say "Thank You" or Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Have a nice day!
HP Recommended

Hi, you may use the procedure from this link to reset the printer 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/officejet-pro-8610-hard-reset-to-get-rid-of-admin/td-p...

and then use the process from below link to reconfigure your HP ePrint email address

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02940150

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hi swimmerbhs,

I understand your problem is that the feature is locked when you try to connect the router.

You can change settings of feature lock feature in embeded web sever(EWS).

How can you login to your EWS page?

Go to a browser -> Key in the IP address.

How to check IP address?

Insert Enthernet cable and check IP address from control panel, or print an network configuration report.

How to un-lock features from EWS page?

Settings -> Security -> Control Panel Lock -> Un-check "Control Panel Lock" option.

Please try and let me know if this works.

Have a nice day.

I am an employee of HP. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click on "Thumb Up" button to say thanks.

Please mark this as "resolved solution" if my answer resolved your problem.
HP Recommended

Hi swimmerbhs,

I understand your problem is that the feature is locked when you try to connect the router.

You can change settings of feature lock feature in embeded web sever(EWS).

How can you login to your EWS page?

Go to a browser -> Key in the IP address.

How to check IP address?

Insert Enthernet cable and check IP address from control panel, or print an network configuration report.

How to un-lock features from EWS page?

Settings -> Security -> Control Panel Lock -> Un-check "Control Panel Lock" option.

Please try and let me know if this works.

Have a nice day.

expert day.jpg

I am an employee of HP. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click on "Thumb Up" button to say thanks.

Please mark this as "resolved solution" if my answer resolved your problem.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.