Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

More info: the error message I got is: No Filtering --- Fail.

YQZ

HP Recommended

On the front of the printer: Setup > Network > Restore Network Defaults.

Run the Wireless Setup WIzard in the Network menu again.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended
I tried this a couple of times before, but not working.
HP Recommended

OK, print a Wireless Network Test from the Network menu of the printer.  What does it say about the printer's radio?

If the printer's radio appears OK, let's pick on the router.  Here are some things to check:

1. Make sure the router has updated firmware.

2. Ensure that your are broadcasting your network name (SSID) and that 802.11g mode is enabled (among others is OK).

3. Be sure that you are using WPA, WPA2 or WPA/WPA2 encryption.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Thanks. I printed out the Wireless Network Test again. Compared to the Test I printed earlier (when wireless successfully connected), the only different is for No Filtering. I got a Fail this time, but PASS for the earlier Test. I also checked my router and found everything looks fine (remember I did successfully connect to the woreless before and my rounter's setting has not been changed). Too much time I have spent on it. I don't know what I should do next, maybe simply return it.

YQZ

HP Recommended

The manual says "the printer can also be connected to the network using an Ethernet cable." But I simply could not find an Ethernet plug on the back of the printer.

YQZ

HP Recommended

Your model should have an Ethernet port, I'd look again.  That is a great and solid solution.

Have you restarted your router by pulling its power plug?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Hi Doc,

Mine is a HP LaserJet M1319f Multifunction Printer; I am just wondering how I could set it up as internet printer.

Thanks a lot!

HP Recommended

Sorry, your printer is not network-capable.  It is USB only.

You could get a router that will provide a USB port for printers, however, it will only print, not scan.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Hi Provost,

Thanks for your response! My router does have a USB port, could you help me how to set up by that?

Thanks again,

Niuniu

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.