Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet 7740
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi

I got the printer as a general purpose workhorse but also wanting to print photos. It does a pretty good job, but I'd like to optimise performance by dusting off my ICC profiling software and creating some ICC profiles for it.

However, in the printer settings, there seems to be no option for turning off colour managemnt in the driver / OS settings (Macos sierra) to allow a profile to be applied in lightroom.

Are there any alternative drivers - or am I missing a setting somewhere which will allow me to do this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tonycollinet, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you want to create some ICC profiles for your HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer .

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

There is no full feature software available for Mac OS 10.12 Sierra. Hence, you may not be able to create it.

However, you may check the link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00294110

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

It doesn't work so well.

Your link tells me to select the colour option "managed by application" which is precisely the option I need and is not available in the driver for my printer as stated in my original post.

I'd much rather you tell me there is no solution, than point me to a link telling me to do somthing which I've already told you is not possible.

Thanks for trying though.

HP Recommended

@Tonycollinet, thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that this option is not available as of now.

You may check for the latest model that has this feature by contacting HP Phone Support at: www.hp.com/contacthp

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.