Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Macbook Pro
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Whether printing one page or multiple pages, printer hangs and stops on the last page.  I've tried unplugging and 'rebooting' printer.  Made sure firmware was up to date as well as print driver.  Internet connection is fast... What else can we do?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kriquette

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the HP Officejet 8710 hangs on the last page when printing from MAC OS,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Did you check if it works on windows or any other devices?

Meanwhile, here's what you need to attempt:

Please download and install the HP Easy Scan App to see if that will allow you to scan from the ADF. Use the HP Easy Scan App.

·         HP Easy Scan

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Easy Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, open the Presets menu, select Edit Settings, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.

·         Apple Image Capture

In the Scan Mode menu, select Document Feeder.

·         HP Scan

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, click Scan, click Show Details, select Document from the Type menu, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.

I also suggest using the Apple Scan while you wait for the HP software to be updated. You can use the following link to confirm your printer is still compatible with your OS: Printer and scanner software for MacOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks.

Mac Basics: Using a scanner

For related links, please click here.

Also, try installing this firmware upgrade to fix this issue: Click here to download

​​​​

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It always happens on the Mac and once in awhile it happens on my Windows HP ENVY Laptop.  

We are not having a problem with scanning or the document feeder.  It is a problem with the last page that is being printed.  It stops for a good 10 - 30 seconds and hesitates... takes forever and is very annoying...

Please help!

HP Recommended

@Kriquette

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If it happens on both Mac & windows, you might want to check if this is a hardware malfunction,

Try using the copier as a stand alone to check if the issue persists, if it does - you will need to Contact HP to set up a repair/replacement order as it would confirm a hardware failure.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.