cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Aviateur
2 0 0 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

On an M425dn, I am unable to setup scan to network folder on a home wireless network

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet MFP Pro M425dn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

On an M425dn MFP, I am unable to setup 'Scan to Network Folder' on a home wireless network. The network folder exists and has been set to share with full permissions for everyone. The OS is Windows 7. The printer IP address is 192.168.1.104. I have used this in a browser to access the setup tab called Scan. I have established a network folder and have attempted to test the setup folder multiple times. The tests end in one of two ways. The attempt spins endlessly which requires a cancel action or it ends with the following error: "Cannot connect to the network folder. Ensure the shared folder name is correct." The network folder does indeed exist.

The computer name is Delta. The shared folder name is Images on my A: drive.

So the network path entered is \\DELTA\Images. By the way, printing to this network printer is always a succesful operation. Any guidance to solving this dilemma will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation