Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sorry you had to buy new ink cartridges and yet you are still having problems.  I finally found a link with instructions on how to clean the contacts on the ink cartridges.  Try that, do a hard reset afterwards and if that doesn't help, confirm for me you are talking about the Photosmart 8250.

--Ink Cartridge Problem--

Be cautious when exploring other resets with this printer.  You want to be careful if you do a serious one. I have seen people who have done resets to remove error messages on this printer like this and the printer started requesting setup ink cartridges.  Let me know if cleaning them works for you or not.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I have tried everything you suggest, with no success. I am still getting the error messages with both of the 2 new magenta cartridges.

HP Recommended

Is this in regards to the Photosmart 8250?  Can you still print in grayscale or does the error keep you from printing at all?

HP Recommended

no, will not print

HP Recommended

Since the printer will not print, would you like me to try to look up the process for restoring the printer back to a like-new condition?  As I said, it can be risky so here is a forum post written by Bob_Headrick "Printer Resets: What You Should Know" and if you are willing to try it then I will private message you those steps.

HP Recommended
as the printer is apparently dead in the water without some form of fix I have nothing to lose so yes please I will have a go at the reset process.
Chris
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying, Chris.  I have sent you a private message with some steps to try.  Let me know how it goes. 🙂

HP Recommended

Is everything still working for you?  I really hope so.  Just curious and wanted to check before I quit coming back to this thread.

HP Recommended

THanks for the follow up. Yes everything is still working.

Chris

HP Recommended

Very good! Thank you for the reply.  Happy Printing!! :OpenSmile:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.