Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This problem still exists under some set of circumstances as of March 24, 2017.

I'm having a similar Oversized Scanned Page problem when scanning 8.5 x 11", multiple page documents using HP PhotoSmart C7250 with latest Full Feature Software and Drivers 14.8.0, HP Solution Center at startup screen shows 140. 0.18.23. Solution Center  Technical Information reports: Software Version: 140.000.000.000, Firmware Version FN0724AR, Printer Driver Version: 6.1.7600.16385.

This problem does not happen every time I scan multiple page documents via the auto sheet feeder.   I use the same settings every time;  Document to PDF, 300 dpi,   It is intermittent usually only the first time I scan on a given day and not when I rescan the same document a second time to 'correct' the problem.  The problem seems to correct itself for the second scan.

When it does happen, for me, it affects only the first page, which comes out approximately 35.4 x 45.2". The second and all subsequent pages come out as normal, 8.5 x 11".

I have not noticed this oversized scan problem to happen for single page scans, however, it could have happened without my realizing as images are often automatically resized when the scanned file is inserted or otherwise used in a subsequent application.   

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@PineSap

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP PhotoSmart C7250 printer. I understand that the scanned pdf is too large and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• How is the printer connected to the computer?(USB or Wireless).
  • Which operating system is installed on the computer?

Meanwhile:-

Reset the printer,

• Remove the power cable from the printer when it is turned on.
  • Remove all other cables if any connected.
  • Press and hold the power button for 60secs.
  • Then connect the power cable and turn on the printer.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Windows 10-64bit w/ all updates. Also happens when using a Windows 8 machine. C7250 connected to router via LAN cable.

Have powered up/down multiple times; problem still occurs but not every time. Is there a way to dump c7250 diagnostics data or dig into the pdf file for clues next time it happens?
HP Recommended

@PineSap

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and patience.

Please update the latest driver. Click here.

Run Print Scan Doctor to check for any failures.

Click here to know how to use Print Scan Doctor.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The last time I updated HP drivers was December 10, 2015,   with HP Photosmart C7200 C8100 series Full Feature Software and Drivers - PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe.  This appears to be the same as the current version offered at the link you provided for driver updates.

I ran the latest Print and Scan Doctor.  It said it found and fixed something and then all the other items it check marked green.  

After that I scanned a  2 page document to PDF file.  According to Adobe Photoshop, the first page is 35.417" x 45.236" and the second page is 10.5" x 10.861".

Again, the first page is way too large; it should also be 8.5 x 11.

Then, I closed and reopened Solution Center and scanned the same 2 pages again.   I did not power down the printer at any time during this process.  This time,  according to Adobe Photoshop, both pages came out at the right size, 8.5 x 11.

This suggests that something is flakey about initialization software for the scanner for the first page and something gets reset during the process of scanning that first page or as it prepares to scan the second page.

HP Recommended

Your link for how to use Print and Scan Doctor leads to a page where Running Print and Scan Doctor is essentially a download, install and run proceedure. 

1.  The first page after install prominately shows Step 1 and Step 2 then under that Start.  It is confusing as to whether one should click on Step 1 then Step 2 or Start.  Why not eliminate this confusion?

2.  After installation and running the P&S DR. I cannot find this App anywhere in my Windows 10 list of installed Apps.  The install did however put a shortcut on my Desktop.  I try to keep my Desktop free of such clutter and will delete that shortcut soon.  Why does this App not show up in my Start Menu List of installed Apps, typically as a New App or at least in one of the HP App folders?  Is the intent that the App is frequently updated and the latest version should always be downloaded?  Why would HP Update not keep it up to date?  

HP Recommended

@@PineSap

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and patience.

I request you to contact HP phone support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.