Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

PSC 950 Check Black Cartridge Error Message

HP Recommended

Hello, I am a single mom who needs to watch my spending and could use some help with an error message I keep receiving on my HP PSC 950 All-In-One Printer.  I went down to Costco to buy a new black cartridge when they told me that they could refill my old one for $10, which could help me save some money, so I said yes.  When I returned home and installed the black cartridge, the printer gave me an error message to "check the black cartridge."  I checked it and it still didn't work, so I went back to Costco and bought a brand new HP black cartridge and installed it, and I'm still getting the same message. I decided to look on the HP website and cleaned the cartridges and reinstalled them, and that didn't work.  Can anyone help me?  I don't want to have to buy a new printer.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
33,037 26,416 2,403 8,510
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is your cartridge an HP #15?  The PSC 950 will not accept the similar looking #45 cartridge.  Did you clean the contacts on both the cartridge and the printer as shown here?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you for replying. Yes, my cartridge is a #15 and yes, I have tried cleaning the cartridge as well as the printer connections, but neither have solved my dilemma.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation