Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C6180
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

After few years I again tried to use my Photosmart C6180 printer. I bought new cartriges. Everything looks good but when I try to print, the printer push out just blank page with nothing printed.

Yet I tried some reseting suggested here on forums, factory reset, multiple printhead cleaning but nothing helped. When I tried to print self-test page, it also gave me blank page.

Finally when I tried to align the printheads I get something on the paper but it is not proper result I think. See result below. Moreover error occured on printer display that align wasn't successfull see the documentation or something like that.

Than I also tried to print extended self test from report menu And I get one page with blue rectangles. Than next page goes out but blank and display says that printing was cancelled.

Please can you guide me to make my printer print properly again?

Thanks.

Result after printhead alignment:

scan001.PNG

Result after printing extended self test:

scan0001.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The Photosmart c6180 has permanent printheads and plumbing to connect to separate ink supplies.  Storing the printer for an extended time period can allow air to be ingested into the plumbing, and the ink may thicken.  Running three levels of cleaning cycles may improve things, you may need to do this, wait an hour or so and repeat the process several times.

I do not know if you will be able to recover the missing colors, it is worth a try. See the document here for information.

1. Press the Setup button.
  2. Press the down arrow button until Tools is highlighted and then press OK.
  3. Press the down arrow button until Clean Printhead is highlighted and then press OK. A test page is printed.
  4. Examine the test page. If the print quality of the page is good, stop here. If the print quality is bad, go on to the next step for further cleaning.
  5. Open the Printer Toolbox. There are two ways to do this:
    • Open HP Solution Center. Select the Settings menu, then the Print Settings submenu, and finally the Printer Toolbox.
    • Open Printers and Faxes in the Windows Control Panel, then right-click your printer icon and choose Properties. Click Printing Preferences. Click the Features tab, then click the Printer Services button.
  6. The Printer Toolbox opens. On the Device Services tab, click Clean the Printheads , then follow the on-screen instructions. Up to three levels of cleaning are available. Discard or recycle the page that prints.
  7. If cleaning the printheads once does not help, follow the directions in step 6, but use the next level of cleaning.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I tried another cleaning cycle and now also black color is printing. but still 2 colors are not printed and one has poor quality. Hopefully after few more printheah cleaning cycles it will run again well

HP Recommended

It sounds like some progress.  If the colors are gradually coming back the printer may recover fully over time.  HP generally recommends printing once a month to keep the printheads from clogging.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.