Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Let's set a static IP address for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). Yours is 192.168.1.100 to .149.  Lets use 192.168.1.200 for the IP address.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (ends with .1) for the gateway and first DNS. Leave the second one blank.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I'm struggling to set up my HP Photosmart D110.  When I turn it on, it doesn't find my wireless network connection in the list, so I manually type in the name and password.  Then when it says it's connected, I can print a test report with an ip address and everything.  However, the blue light continues to blink and then it says I'm not connected.

Furthermore, I have downloaded the most recent HP Software for it, but it never finds my printer. I have typed it in using the IP address, but it still does not work.

I am using a Macbook Pro with Mac OS X 10.6.  My router is a Linksys Wireless-B Broadband, Model Number BEFW11S4 ver. 4. The firmware is completely updated.

I have tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling.  I have also tried what you recommended to other people about typing in the printer's IP address in the browser, but it can never find anything when I try that.  

Any ideas? I'm incredibly frustrated.

HP Recommended

Well, its a pretty old and outdated router.  That may be the root problem.

Here are a couple of things to try:

1. If you are using WEP (you probably have to), use Open, not Shared.

2. Make sure you are broadcasting the network name (SSID).

3. Do not use MAC filtering.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

This is the wireless adapter that our phone company, windstream. used. It was within the last year. It's here at the house with my mother. My HP 1200 series all in one hooks up with no problem.

HP Recommended

I am using WPA Pre-Shared Key, not WEP.  I did have to change my settings, so I am now broadcasting my network name. This was helpful in that my wireless network now shows up on the printer and then I manually type in only the password.  I am not sure where to find the MAC filtering/how to check it.

What's strange to me is that the printer says it's connected to my wireless network, but then the blue light continues to flash and when I check again in the wireless, it says not connected.  I have had it connected a few random times though, but I"m not sure what I did different.

As I am going through the HP Software Set-up and it is not finding my device, I clicked on help and it told me:

IMPORTANT: Many wireless network-capable HP devices must be configured using a USB connection. If you wish to set up a wireless network connection, check your device documentation and, if necessary, connect your device to this computer with a USB cable now.

Is this something I might need to do? If so, my printer did not come with a USB cable. Do I just need to buy one that has usb devices on either side?  

Also, is there a reason the IP address that is printed out on the network information is not being found when I put it into my browser? That seemed to work for many other people, but it just keeps searching and then says the page doesn't exist.

HP Recommended

Get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Driver" link at the top of this page.  It may be different than what is on your Mac now.

Also on the front of your printer: Setup > Preferences > Update Product to load the latest firmware.

Lastly, you do not need the USB routine, you can connect from your printer's front panel.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I HAVE A REGULAR DESKTOP NOT A MAC.  IT HAS EMACHINE-WINDOWS XP.  WE have a router by mothers comp and then mine in bedroom has wireless adapter. Both from phone company alltel/windstream

HP Recommended

Oh also. I can print from desktop offline. Just not whike online. And yes its set to print online, but won't

HP Recommended

@glitter23 wrote:

Oh also. I can print from desktop offline. Just not whike online. And yes its set to print online, but won't

What doe this mean?  Does this mean if you unplug the DSL cable you can print?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Yeah. If I turn on my printer it automatically disconnects my wireless network adapter from the internet. I can then type a document, print it, or make a copy or scan a pic to my comp. But it will not let me connect back to the net until I turn off the printer

I use a linksys wireless adapter to connect. When I turn on all in one printer it disconnects my internet connection. Then I can type & print & scan & copy. Turn off printer then it'll connect me back to internet. I've tried with my HP all in one 1210 I have no problem. I have desktop windows XP. I've tried re-installing printer and have tried re-installing wireless adapter. Nothing works. Anyone have any advice? PLEASE
Oh and I've tried installing from internet and from the cd
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.