Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Update

Sorry to report that your suggestion didn't work for my Envy 5530.  The Print Preview function was apparently installed as expected, but fell short.  I'm guessing it's not completely compatible.  I tested it using Google's home page and an email letter of mine as samples.  The printer's Preview window showed only a blank page, even though the actual print-out replicated google's home page exactly, and as initially seen on my monitor screen.  I found the same response when attempting to print out one of my emails from an online folder.  After these tests, I then checked my desktop printing capabilities. The new driver disrupted my Microsoft Office Print Preview mechanism, and also interfered with my poor Envy's performance. Ick.

I've since switched back to the Envy 5530 driver, and I'll probably stick with it, no longer  worried about previewing online (and other) print jobs.  Don't worry.  It's not so important, just a little disappointing and a little inconvenient.  Thanks for trying, though. I appreciate your work.  !

Sincerely,

jjb

HP Recommended

I followed your instructions for my 8610 and have the same issue as above.  The preview window appears but is completely blank.  The data is nowhere to be found.  I have tried setting up the 6980 driver twice with the same result.  I have reloaded the 8610 driver and will have to live with that.  Not  having  a Preview options is a real oversight (even if it is intentional).

HP Recommended

After working our way painfully through the instructions on this post including a tedious amount of time to get windows to update the printer list to include the Deskjet 6980, my husband and I got the exact same result on different computer.

Yes we have a print preview option, which shows a blank page .

The printer continues to print the same 1/4 view of the original coupon we have already wasted the ink in several previous copies.

Not a fix at all.

HP Recommended

ok, apologies, we did some more work on this and did get print preview to work, although didn't solve the problem with the oversize coupon.  Sigh

HP Recommended

Will this fix work for the officejet pro 8715?

HP Recommended

I get a blank preview just white page but if I click on start printing it will print the oreginal documents. I tried several times ahain preview opens a blank white page. Peals help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.