Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (3,024 Views)

Printer Takes too long loading a print Job

Hi- 

My HP printer won't print! It was working great for months, but suddenly it just stopped. I finally found a chord (USB in the back) that was unplugged. I plugged it in and it worked fine again. 

Then I decided  to go wireless. So I used the CD software to set up wireless. Worked great.

A few hours later, now... Nothing will print. I tried going back to the USB in the back (not wireless) and re-installing the wireless.... nothing.

The computer's printer Que will say "printing" when I start a new print job. Then the printer says "now printing" and just loads for forever. It never does print. Eventually the printer que says "Error-printing". 

This one has me all befuddled. Please help! Thank you! 

Specs: 

I have a HP Oficejet Pro 8500A Plus printer 

Windows Vista operating system

0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 2 (2,903 Views)

Re: Printer Takes too long loading a print Job

I have the same printer and using it wirelessly and it's acting weird. It takes forever to print something from the internet, for example from the post office for a label or for Pages.  But, it works immediately for Adobe forms and for Paypal.

I have trouble with this thing off and on, recently I deleted the entire thing and downloaded software from the HP site. Was working OK until today. Also I have to restart this printer too pretty often.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation