cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printing issue after upgrading to Windows 10

HP Recommended
LaserJet M1217nfw MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My printer is shared on network and did not had any troubles when had Win7. After upgrading to Win10 it started to print only when I copy random page (it goes like this: 1) it prints my copied page from scanner 2) It prints my page that Win10 showed that it stucked (and was deleted in windows)). Also it prints the page if I restart my windows...

I have tried to download drivers and re-install it (although I did not find any for win10 for my product, only for win8) using downloaded driver from HP support page. It showed this error when tried to install the driver: That printer is not reachable please reset all network settings in printer (did that - nothing happened, and did not find it again when tried to insatll it).

Also I have tried to download drivers using windows update. It downloaded and installed succesfully, although after installation it shows that there is some problem with the printer (did not identified what it is).

Tried to trouble shoot - it showed that they did not find anything unusuall.. 

I'm lost here - seems like tried all possibilities, tried to google... nothing familiar pop up. It feels like it stuckes somewhere in workflow, or network. If anybody have any ideas how to fix it (not downgrading windows 10 to windows 7) feel free to share with me

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,038 3,773 305 600
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @DonatasLT

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing issues with your HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw Multifunction Printer in Windows 10. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I would like to clarify what you're referring to, when you say that you shared the printer on the network.

Did you enable file and print sharing and right click on the printer to go into Printer properties -> Sharing tab-> to share your printer on the network?  This is not necessary, if the printer is setup on the network, either wireless or the ethernet connection, it does not need to be shared from your computer.

To try to resolve the issue you're experiencing, please click on this link: Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10, to try the solutions offered. 

If the issue persists, perform the following tasks.

If the issue persists, here's a thread which another community member posted with a similar issue. Posted by mrhaydock.

Unfortunately, Microsoft hasn't created a hotfix for this issue in Windows 10, however we can try these steps.

If the issue persists, you could try switching your printer port from using the WSD to a Standard TCP/IP port. 

To do this, you will need your printers current IP address.  The Network Configuration page shows the network settings for the product. To Print this page; Press the Network button () on the product control panel.

Next, you will want to do the following to switch the port:

1. Locate and open Devices and Printers.
2. Right click on your printer icon and choose Printer Properties.

CP1.png

3. Click on the Ports tab along the top of the page.

4. Click on the Add Port... button.

CP2.png

5. If you have the option for HP Standard TCP/IP Port, select it other wise just select the Standard TCP/IP Port.

6. Click the New Port... button.

CP3.png

7. Click Next > button in the wizard.

CP4.png

8. Enter your printers current IP address from your Network Configuration page. Note: The Port Name will auto-populate. I would recommend putting a check mark in the box; Always print to this device, even if it's IP address changes.

9. Click Next > button in the wizard.

CP5.png

10. Click the Finish button.

CP6.png

11. This may take you back to this Printer Ports window, you should be able to close it. Then Click Apply and OK in the Properties Window. 

12. Try it and see if this resolves this issue you are experiencing.

If this resolves the issue I recommend setting up a static IP address for the printer. Re-add it as the TCP/IP port again, as Windows updates can recreate the issue all over again, if not static. 

If the issues persists, continue on.

'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays

This document applies to HP LaserJet printers.
The error message 'Printer is offline' displays on the computer, and the HP printer does not print. The following symptoms might also accompany this issue, and this document does address these other symptoms:
  • Print jobs are stuck in the print queue
  • No response from printer

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation