cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
djguk47
Level 1
6 4 0 3
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Problem installing 6520 utiliies software using windows 7

HP Recommended

Have successfully installed the 6520 printer drivers on 2 windows 7 pc's and one XP laptop and printer works fine from all three

However, the software installed from the 6520 cd only works on the xp laptop (utilities, ink levels etc).

When I try to run the software on the windows 7 PC's I get the following...

<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" onclick="clearSearch()">
<head>
    <hta:application id="UDC_App" applicationname="HPPrinterAssistant" windowstate="maximize"
        border="thick" caption="yes" maximizebutton="yes" minimizebutton="yes" showintaskbar="yes"
        innerborder="no" navigable="no" scroll="no" scrollflat="yes" singleinstance="no"
        sysmenu="yes" contextmenu="no" selection="yes" version="1.0" icon="./UDC_files/img/hplogo.ico" />
    <title>HP Printer Assistant</title>
    <link id="default_css" href="./UDC_files/UDC.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <script type="text/javascript">

// globals
        var b_html_file; // used to share the file between hta and html formats
        var localize_obj, UDCmain_obj, tasks_obj, install_obj, device_obj, ink_obj, url_obj; // json loaded objects

these are just pieces of the code that appears on my screen

What has to be done to make this work on Windows 7 ??

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,827 65,540 12,549 21,629
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please download full feature software from the following link and install on your machine.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5169...

This may nor work the same way as for Windows XP but it works.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
djguk47
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 3
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the assistance but it made no difference. Still get the program dump

Surely other windows 7 users must be having this problem. If it was on one PC I would say fair enough but two different windows t pc's with the same problem....   sounds like a software bug to me

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,827 65,540 12,549 21,629
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Now please download and run the following tool for Windows 7:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL44840/mp-122272-1/hppiw.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
djguk47
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 3
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Downloaded and run, and the following

runs and says discovering device, green bar half completes then nothing.....  still get program dump

djguk47
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 3
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This problem still is happening. Am I the only peson in the world with this problem whic happens on bith my windows 7 machine but does not happan on my XP machine

jason_h
Level 10
3,962 3,814 591 646
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey,

It sounds like you are having an issue with the file association of the .hta or .json files from the install of your software.  Try running the fix provided by Kyle_W in the thread found here in post 4 of 8.

Let me know if this fixes your issue,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation