cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Minhoquinho
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Problem with installing HP LaserJet 1102 printer driver

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I have got realy annoying problem with printer driver installation on HP LaserJet 1102.
Basically I downloaded driver from the website and tried to install printer. When the installation is almost done, the message pops up(image attached).

I've checked printer spooler service, tried almost everything. 

Any suggestions/ideas? 

Thanks 

Minhoquinho

Driver Error.png 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AuntieEm
Level 8
1,563 1,431 122 403
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would suggest going into your control panel and uninstalling everything associated with the p1102, rebooting your computer and trying a fresh install.

If this does not solve the install issue, please repost and error message along with your OS so that we may better help you.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

0 Kudos
didalter
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've just completed my install of an old laser Professionnal P1102 thrue an home lan :

Client is a "Win 8,1" computer

Printer is a laser professionnal P1102 (not w for wifi)

This Printer is connected by USB on a Cups server and fine wieved on the Win 8.1 client

Samba server is installed on the same lan server (an old Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS)

First preinstalled drivers did'nt show this type of printers but only laserjet 1022

and 1022W (it was just possible to print a test page with this driver)

So I downloaded drivers for Hp 1100; 1500 1600 serie on the Hp official pages.

Executed the .exe

But the configuration of a Printer laser P1102  on a cups server was'nt possible with This Gui

So I closed it (do you really want to abort  "yes!" really ?"yes!" but ? ... and all kind of Win dialogues knewed as usual ... 😉

I've restarted my install by the configuration panel ...

Choose a new printer .... home server/hp laser pro P1102 (as is it named by the /samba /cups server)

"Win can't find a properly driver for this printer, do choose one in the list"

And as a magical wond P 1100 P1102 an dothers were appared in the list.

So in a short resume we can say :

Load the .exe file on the Hp site.

Execute this one.

If it abort or can't connect your Printer, so you quit this Gui by closing the Window

Click on the configuration panel in a second time.

Reload the list and try to terminate the intallation with the new pilote that could be installed by the .exe file..

Hope that can be usefull for you

Sincerly

Didalter,

an old friend of Linux Users

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation