cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Problems accessing Z3100 PS 44 with IE8 using XP

HP Recommended

Hi, all.

We recently upgraded our network. We can no longer reliably access our Z3100  PS 44 using IE8, but we have no problems accessing it  with Firefox or Chrome.

We cleared cookies, added a trusted site, etc. Sometimes we can access it using IE8, sometimes we can't. This is really baffling us.

Anyone have any ideas?

--elizabeth

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 7
782 731 30 80
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried upgrading to IE10?

0 Kudos
Author
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, D Hook1 for your reply, but how would this help? The printer had been working fine with IE8 for several years. I fail to see what upgrading to IE10 woud do for us. We are not inclined to "upgrade" to IE10 without some kind of justification, given that each new version of IE is worse than the prior in some regards.

--elizabeth

0 Kudos
Level 7
782 731 30 80
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It might be your network upgrade is causing a conflict w/IE8. 

I see you're using XP as the operating system.

I have a Z2100 that I use IE10 to access and have no trouble.  Also using XP for now.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation