cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jpswade
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Random strings printed

I have a HP Photosmart 5510 wirelessly connected to my Draytek router.

Yesterday I found 4 sheets containing the following strings:

RDS\#R000000*sqli@3@*nmap*nmapol=tlitcp@h

<3©<de=*IEEEMlsqlexec*9.280

Also see:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/103266473 (PDF)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4220060 (Similar story)

I tried to contact HP directly by email, as this may be part of a wider security issue, but the contact form wouldn't accept my serial/model number.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 8
2,242 2,229 100 292
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Random strings printed

Hi there jpswade;

What Operating system are you using? i.e. win 7 Home premium 64 bits.

This is the main support page for your printer, keep in your bookmark if you need to refer to it in a latert time.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5063582&submit=&

Go to software and drivers download and select your operating system. You should also upgrade the firmware of the printer. if an upgrade is available.

After that if you still facing this issue, Please follow this link www.hp.com/go/tools . Download and use the HP Print and scan doctor, It will check for problems of the different functionality Printing, Scanning and connectivity fixing most of them, if the utility cannot fix the issue let me know I will give my best effort to provide other troubleshooting steps and help you with your issue.

Hope this helps!

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
0 Kudos
jpswade
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Random strings printed

The Operating System is not the problem.

I've not upgraded my printer formware because I want to understand and replicate the problem.

Today, my printer printed of a sheet that said:

GET / HTTP/1.0
User-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322

This is most unexpected and unusual.

0 Kudos
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,166
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Random strings printed

Typically things like this are caused by one of two things.  Either the connection to the network is causing it, or a scheduled delivery app is glitching out.  Have you subscribed to any scheduled delivery apps that you know of?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation