cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
blendy
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Re: User Intervention Error on Printer

HP Recommended

This also solved my problem...but only until I restart.

I basically have to reset the spooler once a day. How do I fix this permanently? Brand new HP laptop and brand new HP printer, and yet no problems on other people's computers!

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 17,221 901 2,544
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @blendy

I can help you with the User Intervention Error you are seeing. I am glad to hear that resetting the spooler has at least allowed you to get your printing done, but you certainly should not have to perform this task daily in order to print. Frankly, I feel the issue is related to the operating system, but I will happily do my best to help.  What version of Windows do you have? 

I would like to perform a check disk and a sfc scan. I will outline the steps below, but they were written for Windows 7. They should apply to other version of Windows too, but let me know if you have any difficulties. 

To perform the check disk, open Computer or My Computer, right click on the C: Drive, click on Properties. In the Properties box, click on Tools, then select Check Now under Error-checking. Under check disk options, select both options and choose start. It might be a good idea to perform this task closer to bed time as it will take several hours, you might consider letting it run all night and checking the out come in the morning.

Here are some screenshots so you know what to look for. (These are for Windows 7 but they should be nearly the same)

Disk Check-computer.jpg

I got these from sevenforums.com

The next task is the System File Checker. For detailed instructions click on the following link; Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.

Once these are both complete, restart the computer and try printing again. Let me know the outcome and I will gladly return with additional steps to try if necessary.:smileyhappy:

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
blendy
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help back then, however nothing has really changed.

Your answer is great, in that it means I now know what to do when I can't print...although this happens almost every time I restart my computer still.

I am running Windows 10, the laptop is literally less than a year old, and when it started happening the laptop was less than a week old--I took it to the office, bought the HP printer to go with the HP laptop, and then installed the only printer on the brand-new laptop. Everything was super clean and new.

So, you can see why I am skeptical! In any case I ran the chkdisk etc and have not yet found any problems...but at least thanks to you I know that there is a problem with the spooler.

If you or anyone has any suggestions on how to stop this from reoccurring then that would be great!

0 Kudos
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 17,221 901 2,544
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Frankly @blendy, I think it might be best for you to call us. What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Given the root cause of the issue, I think you should speak to somebody regrading the computer, not the printer. I feel the issue has to do with the Spooler Service, thus if you speak with somebody who may know more about computers you might have better luck.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation