Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
HML Honor Student
Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (15,457 Views)

Scan to Printer memory or scan to memory card in printer ?

Are there any HP All-In-One's to allow someone to scan a document straight to a memory card in the printer or into the memory of the printer,

The image or images could be transffered to a different location at a different point in time ?

Note: I do not want to interact with the PC at the time of scanning.

0 Kudos
Professor
Message 2 of 8 (15,463 Views)

Re: Scan to Printer memory or scan to memory card in printer ?

Many midrange and higher class HP printers that have photocard slots allow you to scan images store them as JPEGs on a photocard. For example, the Photosmart C63xx, C72xx and C81xx printers have this feature. Many of the Officejet printers, such as the J64xx printer, have this feature as well.

I use this method almost exclusively to scan and transfer images to my PC: scan to a card, then walk the card over to my notebook.

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
HML Honor Student
Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (15,397 Views)

Thank you, very much for the response.

Thanks.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 8 (14,929 Views)

Just tried direct scanning to memory card - SD - using my still pretty new Photosmart C6280; the scanning proceeds normally but the only file on the card I can see is the VFN. No .jpg or anything else! Wonder what I'm missing? No error msg either. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Professor
Message 5 of 8 (14,920 Views)

Scanned images are usually placed under DCIM -> 100HPAIO directory. If you didn't see it, it might be that your SD card's format is corrupted.

I suggest you reformat the SD card and try again.

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Honor Student
Message 6 of 8 (14,919 Views)

Big problems have often simple solutions, I guess - thanks Jim! I used a card from my camera and sure enough, the scanned images were there among all the other shots I had taken earlier in the DCIM directory!
Student
Message 7 of 8 (6,725 Views)

scan to memory card

Student
Message 8 of 8 (5,663 Views)

When I scan to my scandisk from my printer, it doesn't take.  The printer says that is scanning the document. What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Rhett

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation