cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
balalaujo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Scan to email and sign in using network authentication - M476dw

HP Recommended

Hi, I've at long last got almost everything set up.  The printer is connected wirelessly and prints fine over the network.  The scanner is able to scan to a directory on my computer.  The scan to email profile is set up and tested correctly, and I have set up the Networking>Access Control to have Access Code enabled, all features set to "local device" with "device guest" checked as well.

When I try to scan from the machine to email however I get the following message:

"The Scan to Email feature is not available for use.  You must sign in using network authentication (Windows or LDAP) in order to use the Scan to Email feature"

Is there really no way to scan to my email without those incomprehensible setups?  And if not, does LDAP or Windows sign in require specialized equipment as well, or just to be able to wade through the jargon?  If the latter, can you please point me to a clear instruction for how to set it up with terms defined, as the help file I've found was totally incomprehensible to me.

1 REPLY 1
jennatriadslo
6 4 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Literally having the same problem right now!!
I know you wrote this article in 2014 and its now 2017 haha but did you ever find a solution that you might remember?!

I've been trying to get this to work for over a week now and have not found any succesful help from HP!

Hope you can help me 🙂

Thanks in advance!!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation