cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JemmaScott
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Scanning not working after upgrading to Windows 10

HP Recommended
Laserjet 1536dnf MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

After upgrading to windows 10 my printer would not work.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver software from the HP website and the printer function is working now, but not the scanner.  When I try and scan it says I need to download WIA software from the manufacturer but I can't find this on the HP website - can anyone help? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,784
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @JemmaScott,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I noticed that you cannot scan with your HP Laserjet 1536dnf MFP printer, after upgrading to Windows 10. And, I am happy to look into this issue for you! 

WIA is part of the Windows Operating System. As described in this article, Windows Image Acquisition (WIA). What happens if you try scanning without HP software? Scan Without HP Software (Windows 10). Does it work? If not, most likely the Operating System will need to be reinstalled. Make sure, to back up your files first. 

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this information is helpful! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation