Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (3,460 Views)
Accepted Solution

Script Error Message Printing in IE9

I get a "Script Error" message when I try to print anything from IE9.  My OS is Windows 7 and I have a HP Deskjet 4480 all in one.  I ran printer tool fix and it gave me a green light.  I can print anything else from my computer that is not within IE.  Would appreciate help to remedy this situation.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Script Error Message Printing in IE9

Hello sassy59,

On your computer:

1. Go to the Start button.
  2. Select All Programs.
  3. If you have both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer 64-bit, open the version that is not the 64-bit and try to print.
View solution in context
Highlighted
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 7 (3,459 Views)

Hello sassy59,

On your computer:

1. Go to the Start button.
  2. Select All Programs.
  3. If you have both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer 64-bit, open the version that is not the 64-bit and try to print.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (3,455 Views)

Wicked awesome!  Thanks.  That but the only thing I didn't think of doing.  Have a great day!

Student
Message 4 of 7 (3,251 Views)

Changing the Versions of explorere didn't help.  It isn't just explorer, photo preview won't print, nor will notes, and several other built in windows 7 programs.  The errors are different with each, if the even give one.  Most of the time they just do nothing.  

Tutor
Message 5 of 7 (1,588 Views)

I have a similar problem of being unable to print in IE 9 (however using Firefox is fine).

I read your reply, but couldn't  determine whether I have IE 64-bit or not.

I have an HP Deskjet 1000 Printer J110a, and have run the diognostic tools to no avail.

Suggestions much appreciated.

Stephen.

China.

Regents Professor
Message 6 of 7 (1,552 Views)

Hi Stephen, I'm not an expert on IE9 but I know Miles has a pretty good link in the post below

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Web-Printing-Software/HP-Smart-Print-amp-IE9-Support/td-p/762253

Does this help?

Ciara

I am an HP employee.
I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
Tutor
Message 7 of 7 (1,534 Views)

Hi everyone,

I think my particular problem stems from having a non-genuine version of Microsoft Windows 7 (as is very common in China).

So I will try to solve this major issue first.

Regards and thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation