cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Worze
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Server Connection Error: -1

HP Recommended

I have browed this forum and tried everything  that I could find and has been suggested.  I simply cannot get the web based apps to connect. 

1. I have restored factory settings

2. rebooted router

3. gone into the printers ip address 192.168.1.84 and started the connection again.

4. added a static DNS of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

5. I have rebooted everthing in the house.

I still get the exact same error of Server Connection Error: -1 when I try to access the web based apps. 

These used to work fine and my daughter loved printing her 'page of the day'.  It just stopped working one day and no matter what I try it wont connect.

However the printer works fine from the Windows 8 PC and from the iPad or iPhone.

Please help as we would love to access the Disney colouring pages again.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Worze
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

~Its a HP All in One 6250 by the way!

0 Kudos
Coeus
Level 2
24 23 1 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

well then, try to change the network protocol to ipv4 only

you need to get the ip address of the printer first, then open any web browser and then try to type the ip address of the printer on the url, after that go to network tab > networking > network protocol > check on ipv4 only > apply

if that doesnt work.

try to go to the web services menu and remove the web services and then enable it back again.

ps: it will remove the ePrint address of your printer, you can no longer use the same email address of the printer, if you customize it.

0 Kudos
Worze
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh my THANK YOU!

The first bit didnt work but the second part to disable web serves and the enable it again worked!

Cant thank you enough.

x

0 Kudos
Coeus
Level 2
24 23 1 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You are most welcome.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation