Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 1 (488 Views)

Trying to install M2727nf in windows 7 with full solution download: install claims Vista!

I just got a new computer running Windows 7 professional (I know, I know, but I still prefer my XP programs and want to be able to use them as long as possible!)

The printer I have is an HP M2727nf that was very finicky to set up initially and the last time we upgraded the computer too, but is a reliable workhorse once it is comfortably settled in the stable.

I downloaded the full solution software from the HP site for my 64bit Windows 7 system and installed it.  I  couldn't get the scan or fax to work on my printer and it duplexed everything, even though it SAID double-siding was off!

I should have left well enough alone.  At least it was printing ...

In trying to turn off the duplexing and get the printer to print faxes and scans I managed to screw up the printer.  I removed the device and tried reinstalling the the software.  This time I got an error that the installation failed; the program self-uninstalled (mostly) and left a text file on my desktop informing me that the problem was that my system was Vista and the install program was not compatible!!!

I cannot remove the printer device because it is not installed.  I cannot delete the few remaining files because they are in use - somewhere - and I cannot install my printer because the HP installer insists my Windows 7 system is Vista!  I cannot get support from HP because my warranty has long expired.

I hope someone is able and willing to help me.  I am at a loss to proceed.

The printer functioned perfectly well under XP and the HP site has Windows 7 downloads so it is intended to work under that OS as well.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation