I'm re-installing an HP Laserjet p1505n printer and am getting the error message "Unable to Install Printer. The print processor does not exist." I've tried a USB connection and a network connection. I also tried a clean install on a second PC and got the same message. OS is windows 7 professional 32 bit.
The printer was used at a conference 6 hours away, so it might have been damaged in travel.
It sounds like it could be a hardware problem. However I was able to find another post from PrinDoc with a suggestion that might be worth trying. I will list the steps he suggested for this same error message.
Let us know if this works or not.
Have you tried this procedure (choosing a Local Printer being non-intuitive, IMHO):?
- Select 'Local printer' in the Local or Network Printer dialog box.
- Under Select a Printer Port option, select "Create a new port" and select "Standard TCP/IP Port" and click "Next" button.
- In the "Welcome to the Add Standard TCP/IP printer port wizard" make sure that the printer is turned on and configured. Click "Next" button.
- Under "Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port" enter the printer's IP address or the printer's hostname (preferred). You can find IP address and hostname by printing out the printer's Network Configuration page.
- Now, select your driver (sounds like you have done this before) from the list of printer models and click 'Next' button.
- The Printer name will be highlighted on the next window. Click 'Next' button.
- It will ask for the Printer name -- leave the default value.
- Click 'Yes' for making the printer default. Click 'Next' button.
- The Print Test Page box appears.
- Select 'Yes' to print a test page.
- Click 'Finish' button to complete the installation.
If I helped you at all it would be great if you clicked the blue kudos star!
If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.