cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Steve2000
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Unable to Install Printer. The print processor does not exist.

HP Recommended

I'm re-installing an HP Laserjet p1505n printer and am getting the error message "Unable to Install Printer. The print processor does not exist."  I've tried a USB connection and a network connection.    I also tried a clean install on a second PC and got the same message.  OS is windows 7 professional 32 bit.

The printer was used at a conference 6 hours away, so it might have been damaged in travel.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Brandon1
Level 7
Level 7
1,010 1,005 52 130
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Steve2000,

It sounds like it could be a hardware problem. However I was able to find another post from PrinDoc with a suggestion that might be worth trying. I will list the steps he suggested for this same error message.

Let us know if this works or not.

Have you tried this procedure (choosing a Local Printer being non-intuitive, IMHO):?

- Select 'Local printer' in the Local or Network Printer dialog box.

- Under Select a Printer Port option, select "Create a new port" and select "Standard TCP/IP Port" and click "Next" button.

- In the "Welcome to the Add Standard TCP/IP printer port wizard" make sure that the printer is turned on and configured. Click "Next" button.

- Under "Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port" enter the printer's IP address or the printer's hostname (preferred).  You can find IP address and hostname by printing out the printer's Network Configuration page.

- Now, select your driver (sounds like you have done this before) from the list of printer models and click 'Next' button.

- The Printer name will be highlighted on the next window. Click 'Next' button.

- It will ask for the Printer name -- leave the default value.

- Click 'Yes' for making the printer default. Click 'Next' button.

- The Print Test Page box appears.

- Select 'Yes' to print a test page.

- Click 'Finish' button to complete the installation.

If I helped you at all it would be great if you clicked the blue kudos star!

If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.

I'm a printer tech with HP.

ruggb
Level 3
42 29 0 4
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the issue is solved

even though every battery testy I ran said the battery was good I decided it was cheap enough to get a new battery.

it is charging 100%. I have opened the battery up and as soon as I reset the processor we will find out if that what the problem is/was. I suspect so - which if it is is really a big problem

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation