cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

When press the scan button, the "on" button blinks, and then nothing happens.

HP Recommended

My system is Windows Vista 32-bit.  I don't see any message.  Downloaded the doctor thing, and could hear the scanner moving.  Also, just used the scanner about a week ago.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,152
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What printer, and how is it connected to the computer?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I gave up trying things to fix it that day.  When I tried to scan then next day, it worked.  Have no idea why, or why it didn't the day before.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,152
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is a good question.  Glad it's working though.  :generic:

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's an hp deskjet f4180, and it's attached through a USB I think.  When I tried to scan the next day it worked????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,152
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah I'm not sure why it wasn't but now is.  Strange, but it's working.  Glad for it too.  :generic:

Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Would like to revisit this thread. Having same exact issue with HP Deskjet F4180 like the previous post. However, mine did not fix itself.

If I use Windows Photo Gallery and import a picture using the scanner function it works just fine. But, when just pushing the one touch button, the power button just blinks. 

I even went into the Control Panel and tried to alter the action the computer takes when the scan button is pressed but it did not give me an option to select a program, it just defaults with two options. The first is that it will open a program which I can't change (and that program I removed from the computer). The other option is to do nothing. The second option which is faded out and I cannot choose is to allow me to pick another program to open.

Very frustrating. Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,677 4,711 236 575
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello atsingh,

Please download and run the HP Print & Scan Doctor, and then let me know your results.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation