Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks foor the tip, however I can't even get the Solution Centre to download. It's not appearing anywhere that I can find and, although the Digital Imaging Monitor is in the Notification Area, it won't open from there either.

HP Recommended
I am a new user of Windows 7. I was surprised, at first, to see a download permission window open a the bottom of the screen when I started the HP Driver download.
Could this be the problem?
If you see this permission box you should select "save". This will start the download. As I recall, a new permission box will open that allows you to "view downloads". Select this and a list of recent downloads will appear. Check the top download to monitor progress. Also, check the prior downloads to see if any are 'partial'. All should be marked 'complete' of course, before you choose the 'run' button.
Be patient, the download and installation are SLOW.
Good luck.
HP Recommended

My HP Solution will not come up.  How to I reload it.  I changed printers.  Could that be the problem?

HP Recommended

Probably, the software needs to be removed and reloaded as per the link I posted.

If you have corrupted printer driver files they will cause problems.

After you have removed ALL THE RELATED FILES (per instructions given in the link), download the driver package that is appropriate for your Operating System AND your new printer.

Follow the steps given in the link.

That's the best advice I can offer.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

I have downloaded the full drivers pack for Officejet 8500 - OJP8500vA909_Full_14 - but it doesn't install any solutions center. I am totally amazed how difficult it seems to be to re-install the multifunction device. It doesn't matter whether I try the network install or USB install.

This totally puzzles me!

Anyone who has experienced anything like this?

HP Recommended
I can only offer my similar experience that a prior unsuccessful install attempt (because of the installation of corrupted files) prevented any subsequent installation.
I had to delete ASL the files in a folder called %temp% then reboot, then reinstall the driver pack.
I posted a link to the 'HP Help Page' that led me through the procedure.
I suspect that people are having trouble for the same reason that I did. It started with a malfunctioning HP server that quits in the middle of the download. If the user doesn't notice that the download didn't finish (and discard the file pack) he runs the 'partial download' and by so doing is DOOMED!
If the customer isn't on warranty, HP charges $60 for tech support. I even offered to pay, just to get my 'All-In-One' on line. I waited 1 hour on the phone for someone to take my money and help. No one picked up the line...this happened two consecutive times!
Ironically, I think HP is DOOMED, too!
HP Recommended

Use this link to find a solution if your problem is related to error message: "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete".

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02266743

This page will link you to a sequence of solution procedures.

It helped me solve my problem with getting H Solution Center running properly.

(I had to use solution three.)

Henry

HP Recommended

Thanks for all advice.

I managed to uninstall/reinstall the drivers on my Win 7 laptop (after really some trouble) and all functions were OK.

But I were not able to do the same with my Vista desktop. It got worse after I tried HP:s advice and even used their "Scrubber". So the only thing that saved my day was a reinstall of Vista on the PC. At this moment the Officejet is finally working on the Vista, but there are many more hours to go before all OS updates are in place again. 😞

I will keep your links in case this trouble starts all over again. 🙂

I am not sure there will be another HP multifunction among my PC equipment...

Best regards

HP Recommended
I hope (and think) that you will not have any more trouble with this problem.
No doubt, upgrading the operating system is a nightmare.
HP Recommended

Yep. It's a nightmare, and quite boring too. Especially when it prevents you from doing what you planned to do. Everything's OK now. The Win 7 laptop recovered the printer settings according to the info at the URLs you provided. But Vista was totally hopeless. The clean new install was the only solution. It's not the first time my Vista PC plays terrible tricks. Sooner or later I must replace it. But for now I created a disc image as an extra security.

Once more, thanks for all help!

Rgds

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.