cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Why does Print Preview for Designjet open in Internet Explorer?

HP Recommended
I am using a HP Designjet Z3200ps on a Windows 7 PC. When I select 'print preview' in the printers properties the preview opens within internet explorer, why?

I used to use a HP Designjet Z3100 and this opened the print preview in a separate window but not through the web. I have checked the manual and the print preview screen is what I expected to see but I wondered if there is something to disable this or if this happens when using Windows 7?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 4
89 89 6 16
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could be a difference between the raster and PS driver. What driver did you use on the different printers? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The last machine wasn't a PS version and I don't use a raster
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
89 89 6 16
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, this could explain it. The PS version uses web interface and raster uses it's own GUI connecting to the printer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Would you suggest trying a raster or should I just stick with the web interface? The only thing that is annoying is the print preview part everything else is perfect. The web print preview doesn't gives so much detail as the non postscript driver

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
89 89 6 16
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would always prefer the web interface. There I can hold the job, add another job and otherwise control the job queue of the printer.

In the raster driver I can only print or cancel the job. I can see some more details about the raster driver settings, but web interface shows exactly how the print will be printed.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation