Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have this same issue! 

I was having tray issues before, I finally got it resolved by getting a new printer, but now the printer is starting the same trend.

It doesn't matter if I print an Invoice, Sales ORder, E-mail, Excel, PDF, Word, txt document. It prints the job, if it's one page the page sticks in the printer about 80% in. Then ejects the page and another blank page.

If there is more than one page, it always prints the first pages fine, then the last page, about 80% sticks out, and then ejects plus a blank page. This was after about 3 weeks of perfect printing.

I run Win7 64bit, CHrome, Peachtree 2010, The most recent office and openoffice. Acrobat 10 or X, which ever is most recent.

I tried resetting the printer settings to no avail.

This is really frustrating. Paper is not wasted but it's extra work I shouldn't have to worry about with a brand new printer.

HP Recommended

I am not having any of the other issues you mention, just the printing of an extra, blank page, whenever I try to print only one page.

I've had my 8600 running for a few months now, and it does a great job on everthing, except the silly problem of printing the extra, blank page.

It does NOT have this problem when I print a single pdf page, only when I try to print a single page from Word.

Guess I'll just have to live with the problem.

HP Recommended

Is there a table on that Word document? Does it do it if there are just simply letters, no table or images?

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended

Ah ha! Good catch!

I just printed a document that did not have the image of my product on the header, and it printed a single page.

Thank you!

So... is there a fix?

HP Recommended

Well it has to do with either margins and/or headers in Word. Somehow it is changing how long the page appears to Word itself, so it thinks the printable area is larger than the margins, which during printing says at the end of the page, that it is not done and feeds up another sheet. More or less anyway, but I am not sure how to fix that. I know that when I have created Word docs and reduced the font size to get the number of pages down, I always end up with a blank page, unless I manually click on the blank page and hit backspace until it visually goes away. I think it is tied into the same function.

You might try clicking on the last (blank) page and hitting backspace until it visually goes away, if that applies in your case. And then again, possibly adjusting margins or headers settings (including minimize margins in print properties) could help. Hope that helps.

007OHMSS

HP Recommended

It doesn't ever have to do with having an extra (visual) page beyond the page I am printing. I know better than that ;-).

Most of the single pages I print are quite full of information. and use up most of the page, so I have small top and bottom margins. I will experiment with making them as large as possible, so there will be more room at the bottom, particularly.

Thank you for your good suggestions. Very helpoful!

HP Recommended

MY BRAND NEW hp 8600 ALSO SPITS OUT A bLANK PAGE EVERY TIME i PRINT SOMETHING FROM ANY SOPURCE...EMAIL,DOCUMENTS, PDF FILES... lOTS OF WASRTED PAPER

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and another. The printer "hangs" on the last printed page for 5 or 10 secconds before  expelling it from the printer. Then a blank page expelled. This is very, very inconvenient. It does seem to happen mostly with Microsft packages but since most of my work is done in these packages, I can't say for sure if it is specific to them. Also, the printing is not as fast as was the Canon this printer replaced. No noticable difference in quality. Using win 7, 64bit.

HP Recommended

I don't know if this is what is happening in your case, but this article linked through Microsoft may help out:

Learn how to eliminate the blank page that is printed at the end or in the middle of a Word document:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/redir/XT010285746.aspx?queryid=ffc2da81%2D33b9%2D4832%2D8e...

*******which ends up here:

http://wordfaqs.mvps.org/BlankPage.htm

007OHMSS

HP Recommended

I am positive that the problem is not an empty page present in the document that I am printing. When I print any excel document the printer will print the normal 2 page document that I print everyday just fine. At the end of the second page the printer stops and holds the page at the very bottom and a few seconds later pushes the printed page out the rest of the way and then continues feeding until it pushes through another entire blank page slowly. I think it has something to do with page size settings, but I just can't figure it out.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.